Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!


Today one of my sweet and dear nieces (I have seven: Robin, Melanie, Katie, Devon, Rhea, Elizabeth, and Siena--and a bunch of great nieces) turns 21 years old.

Congratulations, Elizabeth. You can drink legally, sign contracts, and are that much closer to being off your parents' health insurance policy.

Elizabeth is beautiful and brilliant. But more important to me, she is as sweet a person as you could ever hope to know. I have had the pleasure of getting to know her more this year, because I visited Edinburgh when she was there for a semester. The picture above shows Elizabeth in between Ian--her bf, and her roommate in Edinburgh, Jen. Elizabeth and Ian took time from their studies--her finals even--to show me her favorite spots and eateries (where to get a great chocolate milk shake, fantastic Indian food, and pound inspiring pastries). My last day she came to get me at my B&B (the wonderful Turret Guest House, Edinburgh) and went with me to the airport via two busses. How's that for dear!

Anyway, my sweet niece Elizabeth, I hope you have a lovely day. Please know I just love you to pieces. And I treasure this picture of you and Kyle from several years ago.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yes, happy birthday to her. And how large and dear your heart is, Aunt Cyn. You may have lost things and not returned them but we all know your true core and it is beautiful. How I love the pic of Elizabeth and Kyle. You do a fabulous job of saving pics, dear one--remember all the wonderful things you do for others.
oxo
k

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

What a lovely pic of Kyle and she...and a lovely way to remember her birthday.

I think you have nine (9) great-nieces by now, Auntie....with more to come some day....yikes....big smile goes here... : )

didi979 said...

O.K., I'm not sure this is completely kosher, but I don't know how to get in touch with Elizabeth and I think I must have said out-loud at least a dozen times yesterday, it's Elizabeth's b-day today, I need to send her a card, present, call her, etc.

Elizabeth - send me an email and let me know how to get in touch with you.

cyn - the pictures are beautiful and so is your thoughtfulness!

With lots of love to fam!
di