Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kyle's Goodbye


I found the following poem in Ky's notebook that was mostly full of awkward scratchings (Ky trying to master a "writing" style). The notebook was in the backpack he carried with him on the train. No one knows for sure when he wrote this. Neither George nor Laura saw him writing. Obviously Ky wrote it sometime between his trip down to Santa Cruz on the 4th and his trip back on the evening of the 5th at about 6:30.



LAST STOP


HEADED DOWN TO SANTA CRUZ

FOR THE 4TH OF JULY. PERSONALLY

I ALWAYS LIKED THE

HOLIDAY. LOTS OF DRINKING

AND EXPLOSIONS AND FOOD

AND FAKE PATRIOTIC BULLSHIT.

LOADED UP THE BAG WITH

THE USUAL. CLOTHING AND

BOOZE AND DRUGS AND

SOME SHIT TO TAG WITH.

A LITTLE VACATION --




The title will haunt me all of my days.

1 comment:

wanda said...

You and Miranda are in my heart and on my mind. PLease take care. -wanda