Friday, July 4, 2008

The 4th of July - Part III: You Want Signs?

of course i talk to Ky all the time. and in the pool this morning i'm sure i said something to him like, "Just give me a sign." the problem with asking for signs is then you see signs everywhere; whether they are there or not.

well, just now, as i was finishing blogging, i hear reggae booming from my balcony. as if i'd just pulled up one of Ky's many tunes from my iTunes. i realize it's coming from below the balcony so i look out to see if there is a car stalled below.

there is not a car.
but there are people.
riding by on bicycles.
young, old, men, women, children.
must be 20 or so or more riding on by.
in a long long line.
i see flags and dreads and baskets and mostly i hear the wonderful pulse of reggae.

i'll take it as a sign.
it would be like Ky to make it a reggae sign.
saying, "Put on some of my music."
and i will and i'll crank it up.
thanks, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I love Kyle. I love you.