Friday, July 4, 2008

The 4th of July - Part IV: Just Short of Perfect

This morning I talked to Laura who is happy and fulfilled working in PR and loving getting up every morning in NYC. She feels that knowing Kyle has helped her get to this good place. It was comforting to hear her voice. She is always in my heart.

I spent the afternoon with many long-time friends: Lloyd & Joanne & Cooper & friend, Nancy & Dorian and their ever-sweet Olivia and John, Louise, Joyce, Francesca & Sally, Karen & Chris, & old/new acquaintances Jerry & Mariette.

The food was plentiful and delicious, the humor was to the gallows and back, the talk was as deep and as shallow as one would want, stories were old and new.

The topper was that there was NO traffic across the valley, down the 405, and on the 90. I sailed to MDR. Saw lots and lots of cops and lots of people being stopped. Not surprisingly enough all were caught DWB.

I left the party (before I got tired or sad) but could have stayed comfortably for hours more. Old friends are so easy and essential. Like breathing.

The day was just short of perfect.

No comments: