Sunday, October 7, 2007

Today: Red Sox 3 and Tax Return 2

Well, the Red Sox clearly established themselves as a real contender, eliminating Anaheim in 3. The game was kind of sad; the score was 9-1. Not much of a contest. I felt bad for my young friends who scored the tickets, drove, parked, put up with me and put up with visiting or transplanted Chowdaheads and Mahssholes blocking the view the entire game (two were eventually thrown out of the stadium--one with a Davy Crockett style coonskin hat, complete with tail).

So as I'm listening to the Yankee Cleveland game (Yankees have pulled ahead) I'm back to the taxes.

Baseball has been a nice distraction. The taxes stir me up though. Partially because it just takes forever for me to go through my check registers and envelopes of receipts and figure out my mileage (bought a second car last year) and remember which meal receipt with whom to what restaurant was legitimate business and which meal receipt should have been thrown away.

And then--since I don't throw away paper, I bump into things like this:

Chart House receipt
where I took Ky for his birthday
complete with what we ordered

shopping list for TJ's
with foods to buy because Ky
was coming home for Memorial Day

Loan Payment notices
for loans for Ky's college
what AM I supposed to do with those?

and the Puss, the cat that Ky loved so much, sits beside the computer, staring up into my eyes, as if he is missing his best friend.


P.S. But, I suppose, this is projection.

2 comments:

didi979 said...

Cyn:

Did you know that Siena, Devon & Betsey went to visit Kyle yesterday, and plan on going again next weekend for a picnic? I am so happy that the three of them are finding time to hang-out together and that somehow visiting with Kyle seems peaceful to them. I think that the site of his grave is a god-send; so beautiful and calming.

It just makes me happy to think that they are all supporting each other, and enjoying each other's company, and somehow Kyle is being included . . . as we know he would want to be . . . the male social butterfly.

I love you sister,

Dianne

c. g. said...

Devon called while I was watching the coyote and told me about the plans. It is lovely they are spending time together and that Ky's beautiful grave gives them a place to remember him and be together. Ky's love of family continues to be at work.