Thursday, October 4, 2007

Happy Birthday, Donna

It's my sister Donna's birthday. I'll be calling her later. I can't take time away from my Taxes to do much of a tribute, but I'll just say this:

Donna has always been very loving to me and she - along with Frank whose birthday is next week - have raised 3 of the most wonderful kids (okay they are all in their 30's) you could hope to meet. Full of fun and love and more fun and more love. Katie and I keep in touch via email and pictures and she is a light in the life of all who know her. Peter and Tim were with us the weekend of Ky's memorial and it was terrific spending time with them and comforting having them to represent Donna's family. Congratulations, Don, on another year, and thank you again for the precious wooden sculpture of a mother with her curly haired toddler son. It sits on my sideboard, among the framed pictures of Kyle, on the blanket he brought me from Africa and which adorned his casket for the burial. I am so glad I have you for a sister.

With love and hope you have a wonderful day . . .

No comments: