Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Last Picture/Show



In honor of Ky's birth day, Yuma sent these pictures of Kyle and Richie Spice. He took them at the Sierra Nevada Music Festival in late June of 2007. This may be the last picture taken of Kyle, so it is very precious. He was listening intently or thinking hard for sure. Yuma said, "We had so much fun and we wanted to see Richie Spice so bad for so long!!! and it happened!!" He said it was so chill and irie and the best concert ever.

Thought you would all love to see this picture of Kyle. One more of his expressions for us to savor.

Thank you Yuma. One peace and love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've come back again and again to view this pic of Kyle and I confess that it must be owing to my futile attempt at discerning the expression on his face. Was he annoyed, was he confused, was he deep in contemplative thought? I don't really know because I didn't really know Kyle.

He was my cousin. More than twenty years younger than I. The son of my beloved aunt. We spent time together on only a few occasions over the years. When I phoned his house and he might answer; he would chat with me in the different phases of his life, before passing the telephone off to his mum. When he was young; he wanted to talk and ask questions. And when he was much older; he wanted his dinner. Always, he was sweet, patient, sincere, and charming.

I never really knew the depth of Kyle, except by the treasured accounts of his wonderful life, through the bits and pieces of family updates that were scattered across the many, many conversations I had with his mum. And so, Kyle became almost a myth and legend in my mind, growing through the years into a man that his mum could feel proud to have raised. And he was worthy, so very worthy.

I guess that makes me want to look even one more time to try and guess what Kyle was thinking at the moment that this photograph was taken. Because although I never had the opportunity for time and space altogether to really know my cousin Kyle while he was alive, now that he is gone, I want to know him all the more.

I hope he'd say that was all good...

c. g. said...

You are a dear. I, too, want to know more about that moment. I have emailed Yuma to ask . . .