Sunday, February 17, 2008

Update: Ky's Little Protector

Flynn left this tiny pup on Ky's grave on December 15th. When I visit Kyle, I always expect it will be gone--picked up by the caretakers or ground up by the grass cutter trucks. But here he is. He's survived 2 months, now. Pretty darned good. And he's got that little 07 around his neck that Ky's cousin Dev left. So, in spite of Forest Lawns' policies and crack maintenance crew, it is possible to have a little individuality hanging out there. I believe Kyle would be all for it.

So if you visit Kyle at Forest Lawn--

at the eastern edge of Abiding Love
up the hill
between the prominent Mitchell statue on the west
and the four pine tress on the east
down 6 rows from the tree nearest the top
in between Mr. Lewis and Mr. Bacon--

if you do visit, look carefully for the little rubber bull dog. He should be safely in the corner of the marker. If not, look around for him, would you?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, Cyn. You are so wonderful. I love you. Kyle is so lucky to have you as a mom. And you to have him as your beautiful son. Thoughts of you both daily. k

Flynn said...

my heart aches yet smiles of the thought that something that I used to hold is now with kyle day and night, week after week. I touches me so much that someone added to the dog...he looks pretty cool now. It feels like my chest caves in when I really think about how Kyle is gone, and that little dog is the only physical thing I have to relate to him...and that's why I have so many people to thank to allow that dog to stay...the rock that is holding me together...to Kyle.