Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's My Birthday!

as of 4:12 a.m. eastern standard time, i am 59 years old.
the dreaded 59.
mom died at 59 years & 10 months.
when she was 58 she visited scotland (on a cruise, too much fog)
when i was 58 i visited scotland, not knowing she had done at 58.
but i'm not superstitious.
well . . .

so that's why i am on the Nunnery Diet. to live longer than my mom.
and i'm happy to report that i've lost 29.4 pounds.
so i'm looking awfully good for an old broad who still has a passel to go.

as all of you out there know:
one only feels age in the bones and joints and by the short term memory loss.
and, because of my healthy diet, i'm not even feeling any aches and pains.
i'm feeling young and clear headed and wise (enough).
i am surrounded near and far by loved ones: good friends and family.
i receive more love and care than anyone has a right to.
and--although maybe i should--i don't have a lot of regrets.

so. as ky would say, "It's all good."
well, mostly, it's all good.

p.s. and it's my great niece's birthday tomorrow.
HAPPY DAY KIERSTEN ACKER!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sweetie! Happy Birthday to You, too!!! I always think of yours and Kiersty's birthday on the same day each year... : )

Tonight, I have a surprise birthday gathering planned for her at a Japanese restaurant with all her friends and then on to our house for cake and ice-cream. She is Sweet Sixteen and soon to be a licensed driver...yikes...

SO much love to you and we'll talk soon!

Hugs.

c. g. said...

Please give her a big hug from me. I have been thinking about her--but didn't quite remember that it was 16! Dear heavens, where does the time go. I hope tonight is a wonderful surprise. Much love, c