Friday, January 18, 2008

it's been 6 months

you probably can tell that i've returned to "normal" life again. working 6.5 days a week. so there is never enough time for blogging, which has stopped being a vital necessity, and now gets pushed down lower on the list of Things I Must Do while urgent things rise to the top. it's too bad. i miss it. though i do blog in my head quite a bit. (what used to be thought of as talking to myself.) usually in the car. wishing i could stop, find a little cafe, get a cup of coffee (which i really don't drink), whip out my computer (which i won't have with me), internet-connect away and blog my heart out.

so right now i am indulging myself, procrastinating getting back to work and sneaking a little blog.

things are better. about kyle i mean of course. maybe it's the magic 6 months thing. or maybe there are only so many tears.

i do get stirred up. like a couple of weeks ago dear george came by to visit and download a bunch of ky's music (come one, come all, get up to 9000 tunes personally selected by DJ Ky in the Sky) and then sweet laura came out to dinner with sal, dev, rhea, and me. and then i visited ky's grave and then i got more letters from the organ/tissue donor folk about an event to honor the 2007 donors. and then i had a wonderful phone call from dear vinnie and a marathon phone call from dear stevie (another Boston Children's Theatre alum) whom i'd not visited with in 5 longs years and by the end of the weekend i was exhausted and my reserves were low and i cried easily. but of course that is what my life is about in this phase. less acute pain. more dull pain. loss and love and replenishing and sadness and care and healing.

today i meet gearey at Advent Bronze and Granite to look at Kyle's marker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Auntie.... : )

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you again, sweetie, and happy birthday! Glad to hear you're doing better. Love & hugs, Della