Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 3rd -- Happy News



Miranda called on the 3rd to say that Joshua and she will get married next year. Such happy news. And how thoughtful of Joshua to choose this time to propose--on the 3rd of July--giving us a joyful memory to add to all the sad ones of the holiday.

Miranda was feeling a little guilty going away for the weekend, when she has spent the last three anniversaries in some form of mourning. When she called to tell me, she mentioned that. I said what I always say to myself, that Kyle spent the 4th and most of the 5th joyous and happy and with George and Laura at Santa Cruz and the beach and in a bookstore, and that it wasn't until the night of the 5th that the nightmare started.

But now, we have Miranda's marriage to Joshua to look forward to. He is a dear and loving man, supportive, caring, strong, thoughtful. I am gaining a wonderful son.

3 comments:

raggamuffin selector said...

Hi Kyle's Mom!

This is Gabe Haas in SF.
Was trying to figure how to contact you, but could not figure it out. Hopefully this finds its way to you guys.

I want you to know that I am getting married on August 18th, 2012 (in a couple weeks!!). Of course Yuma and Phil are going to be some of my groomsmen, and it would have been an honor to have Kyle be one as well. Because he is unable to be here physically, we are still going to honor him as a 6th groomsmen, as I'm sure he will be there in spirit. We will have a photo of him at the ceremony as well. Thought you would be proud to hear that. Give me a call!
415 503-7738

Ps - I also adopted a cat from the neighborhood who is a friendly giant. Of course I had to name him Kyle!
Much love-

raggamuffin selector said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raggamuffin selector said...

Oh and congrats to Joshua and Miranda too! Is a date set yet or did they already marry?