Monday, June 16, 2008

From Kyle's Notebook

If you saw Kyle's notebooks, you'd think they were filled with scribbling. Actually he was practicing his "writing" style for tagging. Occasionally there are phrases which he may have read somewhere, heard as lyrics, or were his own. And on rare occasion, you find something like below. Since Kyle was so into music, I'm thinking this was in his head like a blues song.


The bus is comin
I've been waitin
....*
I've been paintin

Ain't got no money
Can't pay no fare
Got to get to the door
by the back stair**

The bus is crowded
Can't get no seat
Women look at me with scorn
Then they step on my feet

Been working since mornin
From nine to five
No food in the cupboard
No herb to get high

Got my check last Friday
You know it's already spent
For food and herb
For debt and rent

Trying to live right
But you know it's so hard
Boss man, police man,
and Mister Landlord




*Illegible
**Ky was so tall that he would have to stand in the door well of the bus in order to have room for his head

No comments: