Sunday, March 30, 2008

Care of Kyle's Grave & Little Dog Lost

I visited Kyle at Forest Lawn yesterday.

Planter care: The planter, so lovingly given by Di, is doing well. The rosemary is growing and I think you should feel free to take a piece when you visit. It smells so wonderful and it's probably best for the plant to be pruned a bit, because if it gets too unwieldy on unsightly or dies, the workers will remove the planter.

If you visit Kyle's grave, would you move the planter several inches from whatever spot it is in, enough to give the grass underneath a chance to breathe and a chance for the earwig family to scamper around and get freaked out before they move back in underneath. I had placed the planter slightly above Ky's marker, and when I picked it up the grass was yellow and the earwigs were in abundance. So I have moved it lower on the grave. Frequent moving should help keep the grass fresh.

BTW I noticed that both sticks of incense have been burnt. Kyle burnt incense all the time and carried those sticks in his bag. I am comforted thinking Kyle can smell it when it's burning, along with the rosemary. I'll bring by more next week.

I am sad to report Flynn's little bull dog has disappeared. I looked around quite a bit on others' markers and in the grass, to no avail. I knew it was inevitable, but still it is sad to have Kyle's little companion gone. I'm sorry, Flynn, but thank you for leaving your little rubber dog. It was a sweet gift.

(Hey, if he shows up again, put him in a corner of the planter. That would keep him safe.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia:

My name is Danny, I was a friend of Kyle's. Could you perchance let me know where Kyle is buried so I can visit him?
daniel.pinedo@ahuiliztli.net

c. g. said...

hi danny. thanks for reading. hope you got the email with directions. it's good to know you are out there. feel free to be in touch and visit the Kyle McLeod Memorial Music Computer to burn discs if you like. -- cynthia